Get set for Eagles vs. Chiefs in Glendale with a big Super Bowl prediction and the latest odds and insights from our friends at FanDuel Sportsbook.
The No. 1-seed Eagles advanced to the Big Game after trouncing the San Francisco 49ers 31-7 in the NFC Championship. Philadelphia dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball, allowing the team to grind its way to an easy win once again.
Meanwhile, the 1-seed Chiefs were pushed to the limit in the AFC Championship against the Cincinnati Bengals. A costly Bengals penalty set up the game-winning field goal for KC in a 23-20 victory.
Chiefs vs Eagles Super Bowl LVII Game Info
Super Bowl LVII
Kansas City Chiefs (14-3) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (14-3)
Date: Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023
Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
Venue: State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
US TV coverage: FOX
Super Bowl LVII Odds & Spread
Moneyline: Chiefs: (+104) | Eagles: (-122)
Spread: Chiefs: +1.5 (-112) | Eagles: -1.5 (-108)
Total: 50.5 —Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
In a matchup of two supremely talented squads, it’s no surprise to see these odds so close to a pick ’em. Only 1.5 points separate the Eagles and Chiefs on the spread, showing this is truly anyone’s game to win. The total of 50.5 also points to a high-scoring contest, which seems like a given considering the offensive firepower on both sides.
Super Bowl Prediction & Pick 2023: Eagles vs. Chiefs
Two top-three offenses are set to face off in Super Bowl 57, meaning this contest could swing back and forth throughout. However, the Eagles’ ability to control the game to their liking is what I think will ultimately help them emerge victorious.
When Jalen Hurts is 100% healthy, Philadelphia can air it out with the best of them considering he has the likes of AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert to throw to. With ample time between now and the Super Bowl to rest, the star QB is in a great position to return to top form.
Philly’s proven it can win without Hurts at 100%, too. They’ve won three straight games, including the NFC Championship, with Hurts throwing for less than 230 yards in any contest. That’s thanks to the fact they own an elite run game that ranked No. 5 in yards per game this past year. This strength, coupled with a hounding defense that held opponents to the second-fewest yards this season, allows the Eagles to play at their desired pace and win ugly, if need be.
The Chiefs are much more reliant on the passing game to succeed, but that’s an area has Philadelphia shut down (No. 1 in Football Outsiders’ pass-defense DVOA metric) all year. Kansas City also has more injury concerns on its roster with Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and JuJu Smith-Schuster all banged up. Any one of those guys playing at less than full strength would significantly hurt this pass-heavy attack.
This championship bout figures to be an extremely close game, but I believe the Eagles’ advantage on defense ultimately helps them capture their second Super Bowl title.
SUPER BOWL LVII PREDICTION: Eagles 24, Chiefs 20
Chiefs vs. Eagles Super Bowl LVII Best Bet
In a showdown that projects to be close, targeting the total is a wise decision.
The Eagles are well-equipped to get out to an early lead and then grind down the clock. This team ranked No. 8 in time of possession during the season, and their run-heavy scheme allows them to shave seconds off the clock with precision. The best strategy to beat Kansas City is also to keep the ball away from that offense, so the Eagles won’t want to get into a barnburner if they can help it.
The Chiefs may have the same thinking. They were No. 11 in time of possession, and Philly has just as many offensive weapons to worry about as they do. Considering how much the Eagles want to run, KC could try to avoid giving them the ball as much as possible, leading to a lower-scoring affair.
EAGLES vs. CHIEFS BEST BET: Under 50.5 (-105)
Super Bowl LVII Betting Trends
- Kansas City is 2-5 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games.
- The total hit the under in 11 of the KC’s 18 regular-season games.
- Philadelphia is 2-4 ATS in its last six games.
- The total has hit the under in five of Philadelphia’s last six games.
FanDuel Super Bowl LVII Special Prop Bets
- Travis Kelce 25+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: -145
- AJ Brown 25+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +130
- Miles Sanders 25+ Rushing Yards in Each Half: +145
- DeVonta Smith 25+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +160
- Haason Reddick to Record a Sack AND Philadelphia Eagles to Win: +190
- Chris Jones to Record a Sack AND Kansas City Chiefs to Win: +240
- Josh Sweat to Record a Sack AND Philadelphia Eagles to Win: +250
- Frank Clark to Record a Sack AND Kansas City Chiefs to Win: +280
- Dallas Goedert 25+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +290
- Jalen Hurts 25+ Rushing Yards in Each Half: +300
- Kansas City Chiefs to Record 5+ Sacks: +370
- Isiah Pacheco 25+ Rushing Yards in Each Half: +380
- JuJu Smith-Schuster 25+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +390
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling 25+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +390
- Philadelphia Eagles to Record 5+ Sacks: +550
- Travis Kelce 50+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +700
- Both Teams to Score in Every Quarter: +750
- Kansas City Chiefs to Record 6+ Sacks: +900
- AJ Brown 50+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +1100
- DeVonta Smith 50+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +1200
- Jerick McKinnon 25+ Rushing Yards in Each Half: +1300
- Philadelphia Eagles to Record 6+ Sacks: +1400
- Each Team to Score 1+ TD AND 1+ FG in Each Half: +1700
- JuJu Smith-Schuster 40+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +1700
- Philadelphia Eagles to Win in Overtime: +1800
- Miles Sanders 50+ Rushing Yards in Each Half: +1900
- Kansas City Chiefs to Record 7+ Sacks: +2100
- Kansas City Chiefs to Win in Overtime: +2200
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling 50+ Receiving Yards in Each Half: +2600
- Britain Covey to Return a Kick/Punt for TD: +3000
- Skyy Moore to Return a Kick/Punt for TD: +3000
The race is on for the world’s biggest prize in club sports. Check out the latest 2024 UEFA Champions League odds at FanDuel Sportsbook. On Saturday, June 1, 2024, the UEFA Champions League will…
When Jevon Holland returned an interception at the 1-yard line for a TD, he probably didn’t know he just triggered a $1 million TCL giveaway….