Who’s the highest-paid player at the Emirates this season? Boardroom dives into the details of all the Arsenal salaries currently on the books.
Arsenal have found themselves in their best position to win a Premier League trophy in a generation, and one of the essential components of the club’s success is the value they’re getting out of their wage spending. The Gunners have a storied past, but as English football became a true multi-billionaires’ club in the 2010s, they struggled to keep up with the privileged elite where trophies were concerned — under manager Mikkel Arteta, they’ve found a way.
In their fledgling years, Arsenal prided themselves on cultivating raw talent from their youth academy; spending £333,333 on Newcastle striker Malcolm Macdonald in 1976 was a head-turner at the time. Fast-forwarding to 2018, the Red and Whites made headlines in securing the services of players like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for a colossal fee of $69 million, but couldn’t provide the results to match. In time, the club has found the right formula once again.
The club is making itself known for uncovering undervalued talent and developing young players under Arteta, rolling out an attractive mix of youth and experience. The Gunners are building a blueprint spearheaded by England phenom Bukayo Saka with a chance to put down roots in the league.
That got us thinking — who are the other Arsenal players who have elevated their games beyond the value of their contracts?
Let’s dig into the details of all the Arsenal wages on the books for 2022-23.
Arsenal Salaries & Contracts for the 2022-23 Season
All wage spending figures via Capology
1. CF Gabriel Jesus: $16,617,408
- Contract: 5 years, $83,087,041
- Click here to read Boardroom’s dive into Jesus’s move to the Gunners.
2. CDM Thomas Partey: $12,541,440
- Contract: 3 years, $37,624,320
3. LW Gabriel Martinelli: $11,287,296
- Contract: 5 years, $5,436,4806
4. LB Oleksandr Zinchenko:9,406,080
- Contract: 4 years, $37,624,320
- Click here to read Boardroom’s deep dive into Zinchenko’s move to Arsenal.
5. CDM Granit Xhaka: $7,524,864
- Contract: 2 years, $15,049,728
T-5. RB Ben White: $7,524,864
- Contract: 4 years, $30,099,456
7. CAM Martin Ødegaard: $7,211,328
- Contract: 3 years, $21,633,984
t-8. CDM Jorginho: $6,897,792
- Contract: 2 years, $13,795,584
- Click here to read Boardroom’s deep dive into Jorginho’s move to Arsenal.
t-8. LB Kieran Tierney: $6,897,792
- Contract: 4 years, $27,591,168
10. CF Eddie Nketiah: $6,270,720
- Contract: 5 years, $31,353,600
11. LW Leandro Trossard: $5,643,648
- Contract: 4 years, $22,574,592
- Click here to read Boardroom’s deep dive into Trossard’s move to Arsenal.
12. RW Bukayo Saka: $4,389,504
- Contract: 2 years, $8,779,008
- Click here to read Boardroom’s deep dive into Saka’s contract at Arsenal.
13. GK Aaron Ramsdale: $3,762,432
- Contract: 3 years, $11,287,296
14. CB Jakub Kiwior: $3,637,018
- Contract: 6 years, $21,822,106
t-15. RB Takehiro Tomiyasu $3,448,896
- Contract: 3 years, $10,346,688
t-15. CDM Mohamed Elneny: $3,448,896
- Contract: 2 years, $6,897,792
17. CB Gabriel Magalhães: $3,135,360
- Contract: 5 years, $15,676,800
18. CAM Fábio Vieira: $2,821,824
- Contract: 5 years, $14,109,120
- Click here to read Boardroom’s deep dive into Vieira’s move to Arsenal.
t-19. CB William Saliba: $2,508,288
- Contract: 2 years, $5,016,576
t-19. CB Rob Holding: $2,508,288
- Contract: 2 years, $5,016,576
t-19. CM Emile Smith-Rowe: $2,508,288
- Contract: 4 years, $10,003,152
22. GK Matt Turner: $2,194,752
- Contract: 3 years, $6,584,256
23. RW Reiss Nelson: $940,608
- Contract: 1 year, $940,608
Arsenal 2022-23 Wage Spending Facts
All salary figures via Capology as of April 12, 2023
- Annual Payroll: $133,127,386
- Weekly Wage Spending: $2,560,142
- Average Player Salary per Week: $111,311
The race is on for the world’s biggest prize in club sports. Check out the latest 2024 UEFA Champions League odds at FanDuel Sportsbook. On Saturday, June 1, 2024, the UEFA Champions League will…
With NWSL free agents nearly ready to put ink to paper, Boardroom is here to help you track who is going where….