How big is the Golden State Warriors’ payroll, and who’s the highest-paid player on the roster? Check out Boardroom’s rundown of every Warriors salary on the books this season.
For the first time since the Toronto Raptors hoisted a Larry O’Brien Trophy that still feels stranger than fiction, the Golden State Warriors are in the NBA Finals. Many of the faces are familiar, of course — the Death Lineup is still very much a thing, but now with former No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins constituting a notable addition.
Another thing that hasn’t changed? The Warriors spending well beyond the salary cap and far into the NBA’s luxury tax — though as Boardroom has previously concluded, you can’t be afraid to pay the tax if you want to surround a supermax salary like Stephen Curry’s with multiple max- or near-max players. Naturally, that got us thinking about just where the Dubs have chosen to allocate their salary spending this season to get themselves back to the Finals.
So, what are the biggest Warriors contracts of 2021-22? Who’s the highest-paid player on the Warriors overall? You have salary questions, Boardroom has salary answers.
Golden State Warriors Salaries & Contracts for the 2021-22 Season
Dollar figures via Spotrac and does not include dead cap money or players on two-way or 10-day contracts.
1. PG Stephen Curry: $45,780,966
- Contract: 5 years, $201,158,790
2. SG Klay Thompson: $37,980,720
- Contract: 5 years, $189,903,600
3. SF Andrew Wiggins: $31,579,390
- Contract: 5 years, $147,710,050
4. PF/C Draymond Green: $24,026,712
- Contract: 4 years, $99,666,362
5. C James Wiseman: $9,166,800
- Contract: 4 years, $39,619,840
6. PF Jonathan Kuminga: $5,466,360
- Contract: 4 years, $24,855,347
7. PF/C Kevon Looney: $5,178,572
- Contract: 3 years, $14,464,287
7. SG Moses Moody: $3,562,200
- Contract: 4 years, $17,024,109
8. SG/SF Jordan Poole: $2,161,440
- Contract: 4 years, $10,090,879
9. SG Damion Lee: $1,910,860
- Contract: 3 years, $4,515,983
10. SF Juan Toscano-Anderson: $1,701,593
- Contract: 2 years, $2,059,888
11. SF Andre Iguodala: $2,641,691
- Contract: 1 year, $2,641,691
12. SF Otto Porter Jr.: $2,389,641
- Contract: 1 year, $2,389,641
13. PF Nemanja Bjelica: $2,089,448
- Contract: 1 year, $2,089,448
14. PG Gary Payton II: 1,939,350
- Contract: 1 year, $1,939,350
Golden State Warriors 2022 Salary Cap Numbers
All dollar figures and cap estimates via Spotrac as of June 3. Reflects a “soft” salary cap of $112.414 million, a luxury tax threshold of $136.606 million, and a $143.002 million luxury tax apron for hard-capped teams.
- Active contracts: $175,192,325
- Dead money: $666,667
- Total salary cap usage: $184,024,769
- Estimated 2021-22 luxury tax bill: $56,096,389
- Salary on the books for 2022-23: $210,267,874