Samsung teased its new AI tech platform, Galaxy AI, at its latest Galaxy Unpacked event, along with three new Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung debuted three new smartphones and introduced its new artificial intelligence tech at its latest Galaxy Unpacked event.
The electronics leader’s new Galaxy S24, Galaxy S24 Plus, and Galaxy S24 Ultra come in various sizes and storage capacities spanning 128 GB to 1 TB, and each is equipped with the usual upgrades like enhanced camera capabilities and slimmer displays.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra is the first mobile device from Samsung to feature a titanium frame, which reduces the smartphone’s weight. The Ultra also has five cameras, as the S23 version did, including a main camera, ultrawide camera, and telephoto camera. The Galaxy S24 Ultra will be available in titanium black, titanium gray, titanium violet, and titanium yellow. The Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24 Plus both come in onyx black, marble gray, cobalt violet, and amber yellow.
Samsung’s new lineup of mobile devices is impressive, but of course, one new feature stole the show. The biggest announcement coming out of the event was the unveiling of Galaxy AI, the bespoke new AI platform that operates on S24 devices and is accessible via the cloud. Galaxy AI enables live text and call translations, enhanced search, and more.
“The Galaxy S24 series transforms our connection with the world and ignites the next decade of mobile innovation,” TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile eXperience Business at Samsung Electronics, said in an official news release. “Galaxy AI is built on our innovation heritage and deep understanding of how people use their phones. We’re excited to see how our users around the world empower their everyday lives with Galaxy AI to open up new possibilities.”
Here is a breakdown of some of what Galaxy AI can do, per Samsung’s press release:
- Live Translate: enables real-time voice and text translations of phone calls within a native app.
- Interpreter: live conversation translation on a split-screen view with both transcripts.
- Chat Assist: AI built into Samsung Keyboard allows users to get help with their conversational tones and develop different messages like social media captions.
- Note Assist: this feature syncs with Samsung Notes and creates AI-generated summaries of content.
- Android Auto: while in a car, this feature will automatically summarize incoming messages and suggest replies and actions.
- Edit Suggestions and Generative Edit: Galaxy AI can suggest photo tweaks while Generative Edit can fill in image backgrounds.
These are just a few examples of how Samsung is integrating Galaxy AI, and it’s clear that the new tech will touch every aspect of the company’s mobile devices for the foreseeable future. Samsung’s new line of mobile devices comes as Apple beat it for most smartphone shipments last year.
Boardroom will continue to watch if this new AI tech will bump Samsung back up to the top.
Want More Tech?
Boardroom and Coinbase hosted one of their biggest brunches yet at All-Star Weekend 2024 in Indianapolis, with a sponsorship by Foot Locker….