Seven-time All-Star, NBA champ, and Brooklyn Nets point guard Kyrie Irving joins Eddie Gonzalez for the latest episode of Boardroom’s “The ETCs” podcast.
This week, Boardroom’s “The ETCs” podcast goes back to where it all started. In January of 2021, the pod co-hosted by Kevin Durant and Eddie Gonzalez welcomed superstar point guard Kyrie Irving for its very first pair of episodes — now, the seven-time NBA All-Star is back with Eddie to take stock of the Brooklyn Nets’ 2021-22 season, from the run to the postseason to the inside story of his interplay with New York City’s vaccine mandate.
The 2016 NBA champ also looks back with Eddie at his path to returning from the playoff injury he suffered in 2021 against the Bucks, coming of age in the NBA with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as well as what the future holds for him, KD, and the Nets next season and beyond.
Additional topics on the pod include:
- The experience of playing with the Boston Celtics
- Kyrie’s uncommon life away from the court
- How the pressure to perform at an elite level night after night strengthened his connection with Kevin Durant
- Thoughts on who did and didn’t make the NBA 75th Anniversary Team (including himself)
- His legendary handles and being called “the most skilled player ever”