Entrepreneur, Army vet, and bestselling author Wes Moore joins Rich and Gianni on “Out of Office” to discuss his unlikely journey and his path to running for Governor of Maryland.
Click here to listen to the full episode.
As an Army veteran, entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author, poverty and veterans affairs activist, and television producer, it’s not easy to figure what else Wes Moore would still feel compelled to add to his CV. But last summer, he dared to go even further, announcing his candidacy for governor of his home state of Maryland.
On the newest episode of Boardroom’s “Out of Office” podcast, Moore takes Rich Kleiman and Gianni Harrell through the challenges of his upbringing — he lost his father when he was four years old — and the lessons he learned at military school that helped him find direction. His path eventually led him to Johns Hopkins, Oxford, and a call to serve his country in Afghanistan as a member of the historic 82nd Airborne Division.
Other topics on today’s episode include:
- The ongoing conflict in Ukraine
- Discovering his life’s next chapter after returning from Afghanistan
- Fighting poverty as the first-ever CEO of the Robin Hood Foundation
- Embarking on a new adventure in politics
- How a kid that also happened to be named Wes Moore changed his life