As the NBA playoffs arrive, Kevin Durant and Eddie Gonzalez join Rich Kleiman for a special crossover event on the “Out of Office” podcast.
On Tuesday, the Brooklyn Nets took care of business, dispatching the Cleveland Cavaliers by seven points to claim, poetically enough, the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference for the NBA Playoffs. That makes the timing of Kevin Durant and “The ETCs” co-host Eddie Gonzalez joining forces with Rich Kleiman for this week’s special episode of Boardroom’s “Out of Office” podcast all the more natural.
The guys spoke about the ways in which elite-level athletes and diehard fans alike deal with wins and losses, and how the modern social media environment affects so many aspects of it. Later on, KD recalls how his NBA fandom first took shape as a kid, and all the energy from those days that he continues to carry with him even now as a superstar in the league.
Other topics on this week’s episode include:
- The NBA stars whose legacies go far beyond what fans see in the box score
- How Durant formulated his approach to this year’s postseason
- Whether it’s worth wasting a second of energy to lament the NBA Play-in Tournament format
- Why Rich thinks the increased pressure of the postseason brings the best out of KD on the court
- A debate over the single best Jason Williams highlight