In Instagram’s “Trend Talk with Doja Cat & Ice Spice” episode, the two icons give their unfiltered take on Instagram trends, play rapid-fire question games, and much more.
If you want to hear about Ice Spice’s celebrity crush or some tea on the type of people who slide into Doja Cat’s DMs, then this podcast is for you.
Doja Cat and Ice Spice are teaming up for their first-ever sit-down interview, discussing memes, fashion and beauty trends, Close Friends, and more. The two stars chat about trending culture as the first official guests of Instagram’s “Close Friends Only” special edition podcast.
The podcast comes as part of a celebration of Instagram’s 2024 Trend Talk report, which details insights into Gen Z trends that will drive internet culture in the new year. In the episode “Trend Talk with Doja Cat & Ice Spice,” the two icons give their unfiltered take on Instagram trends, play rapid-fire question games, reveal some secrets, and much more.
Instagram worked with The Unwell Network and Sunny Side Up to produce its special edition podcast. The inaugural episode will hit all major streaming platforms, including Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts, and YouTube, on Dec. 7.
In future episodes, Instagram will feature more celebrities and foster conversations around cultural topics such as fashion, online phenomena, and friendship.
Here’s more on Instagram’s latest trends report that inspired the new show.
Key Takeaways from Instagram’s 2024 Trend Talk Report
Instagram conducts its Trend Talk report in partnership with WGSN. The report surveys Gen Zers across the US, UK, Brazil, India, and South Korea, who are asked about topics they think will impact online trends in 2024.
Here are some key takeaways from the report:
- Stories, liking feed posts, and sending reels or memes via DM are the top ways Gen Zers said they use their Instagram to get closer to someone.
- The top pick across all countries surveyed was chewing with your mouth open.
- Gen Zers said they are honing in on self-improvement and development the most next year.
- TV shows/anime, musicians, and video games were the top three global fandom categories Gen Zers are into, and 75% of people surveyed said they are members of a fan community.
- Modest dressing and thrifting are the top two fashion trends. One out of three Gen Zers surveyed said they are eager to get more creative with how they dress.
Check out the 2024 Instagram Trend Talk report for more insights.
The NFL Combine has grown into a huge spectacle and a boost for the local economy, but does it benefit the players? Boardroom breaks it down….
The Kraft Analytics Group CEO and Sloan Sports Conference Co-chair chops it up with Boardroom about the ongoing conference, helping the NCAA, and the future of live sports….