The newest feature at the “stock market for sports cards” debuts Nov. 23, with future live auctions coming daily at 7 p.m. ET.
The StarStock Marketplace is set to introduce a breakthrough feature for trading card collectors and investors. Boardroom can exclusively announce that a live auctions service will debut on Nov. 23, giving enthusiasts more ways to engage with their favorite athletes in the hobby.
StarStock Auctions will stream live every Monday through Friday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET on the company’s official website. Each auction will be fast-paced, lasting between one and three minutes per lot, plus an allowance for an extended bidding period.
Key facts for StarStock’s live auctions include:
- An auctioneer will display the items in each lot and conduct oversee bidding live and in real time.
- All auctions will include a predetermined time limit.
- Minumum bids must be placed in 5% increments, with an absolute minum of 25 cents.
- Winning bidders will receive their items in their official StarStock collection within 48 hours of the end of an auction.
- Alternatively, winning bidders will be able to store their cads in StarStock’s vault for free.
StarStock CEO Scott Greenberg will lead a question-and-answer session about all the new features on Wednesday, Nov. 17, on the company’s Instagram page at 8 p.m. ET.
At launch, live auctions will be available for items owned specifically by StarStock and specific selling partners the company designates.
Stay tuned for announcements in the future related to general consignment.