Last Revised: January 28, 2021
Boardroom understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your Personal Information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this Website, and will only collect and use Personal Information in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Registration on our Website
You must be the age of Majority or older (18 in most states of the United States; older in some jurisdictions) to create an account on the Website, if account creation becomes available. While individuals under the age of 18 (but not younger than 13) may use the Website, they must do so only with the consent and involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such persons account and otherwise subject to our Terms of Service. Boardroom does not seek through this Website to gather Personal Information from or about persons under the age of 13. NOTICE: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting children’s privacy online.
If we become aware that you are under the age of Majority and are attempting to or have submitted Personal Information via the Website, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
- B. Introduction
- What information we collect about you and why;
- How we use information about you;
- How your information may be shared;
- How we store and process information about you;
- When and how we communicate with you;
- How long we may keep Personal Information about you;
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
- Cookies and our Analysis Tools;
- Information over the Internet and other Websites;
- Legal disclaimer; and
- How to contact us.
- 1. What information we collect about you and why:
We may collect two types of information: Personal Information (“PI”) and information that is not personally identifiable (“Non PI”). Please note that we do not sell your PI to anyone.
- What PI Do We Collect?
- ● When you sign up for our newsletter, we ask for information such as your email address. We also acquire your Internet protocol address and/or mobile device identification, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PI because it could be used to identify an individual or device if it were combined with other identifying information.
- We may capture user information when users send us questions or comments via e-mail. PI collected in this manner will only be used to contact the user and/or respond to the user’s inquiry/issue. Sending us an e-mail will not enroll you on our e-mail list unless you specifically request it.
- ● For purchases made through the Website, a third-party payment processor will collect your full name, email address, postal address, contact details and credit or debit card information (“Billing Information”). This record will be stored and processed in the United States and other countries (see further below under “How we use information about you” and “How we store and process information about you”). By making a purchase, you grant to us and to all other persons and entities involved in the operation of the Website, the right to use, store, monitor, retrieve and transmit your account information in connection with the operation of the Website and as otherwise provided herein. You also agree that such access and use of your Personal Information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the content, activities or privacy policies of any third-party sites. Accordingly, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
- We do not request on or through the Website other information that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), personal health information, or government issued identification (e.g., your social security card, drivers’ license, or passport), although we reserve the right to do so when such information is necessary to verify your Billing Information.
- We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and/or encryption. When you enter PI, we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology. Your credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We may also obtain your Personal Information through your use of social media depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these websites. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their respective privacy notices.
- What Non PI Do We Collect?
- ● Some of the information that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some information that could be considered PI when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous information about other users.
- How we use information about you:
- We may use the PI we collect in the following ways:
- ● to provide users with news, events, personalized offers, promotions and other relevant information. Such direct marketing shall be sent in response to a request from a user to receive newsletters, marketing emails or similar communications, or when a user has expressed interest in such content or services;
- to contact users with updates and relevant information about our content, products and/or services because they have signed up to do so through our Website;
- to quickly process user requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
- to monitor Website statistics;
- to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena, or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
- to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Website, to help protect the security or integrity of our Website, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- to provide information to service providers or such companies who provide support for the operations of our Website and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose;
- to administer a contest or other promotion, survey or other features; and
- to allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
- 3. How your information may be shared:
Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties our users’ PI unless we receive their consent. That being said, in the following situations, we may share PI with outside parties:
- Affiliates and Sponsors. In connection with our content and advertisements, which you would only receive after opting-in, our Affiliates and/or Sponsors may collect Personal Information.
- Subsidiaries, Website Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance, third party payment processing agencies, and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service us and the Website;
- Reorganization or Sale. In the event that we merge with or become a part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity;
- To Help Protect Minor Users of Our Website. In the event that the safety of our users is threatened, and we are able to do something about that by sharing PI with third parties, we reserve the right to do so. This may be done to prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Website, to help protect the security or integrity of our Website, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer Personal Information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so;
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third parties;
- ● We may make available services such as blogs, message boards and chat functionality to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Website becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services certain Personal Information will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information about you, or any other information, on the Website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY SUCH SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ON THE WEBSITE; and
- ● With your express consent.
- 4. How we store and process information about you:
This Website is hosted in the United States. In order to communicate with you about content, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by Boardroom in the United States or one of our service providers based in the United States or outside of the United States. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: (i) preparing and sending newsletters to which you subscribe; (ii) the processing of payment details; and (iii) the provision of support services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 5. When and how we communicate with you:
You may unsubscribe from promotional emails and other commercial communications by following the instructions contained within the communication or emailing us at: email@example.com. Please note that due to marketing production schedules you may receive messages already in production.
- How long we will hold Personal Information about you:
We will hold Personal Information about you on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, subject to any applicable laws and/or regulations. In the case that you wish to remove your PI from our list, once the PI is deleted, we will not use the Personal Information about you other than for administrative purposes.
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us:
At any time you can add or remove your name from a Boardroom list by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please keep in mind that if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from this Website, we will continue to send you transactional messages and important account-related information regarding this Website or content or services offered through this Website.
- 8. Cookies and our Analysis Tools
- 9. Information over the Internet and other Websites
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. By using the Website, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
- 10. Legal disclaimer
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your Personal Information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Shine the Light Law
California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”)
Boardroom’s California Specific Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
- 11. How to contact us:
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
Copyright © 2021 Boardroom 35 LLC. All Rights Reserved.