The latest edition of Boardroom’s NFT Sales Roundup includes updates from Coinbase, Pudgy Penguins, Garbage Bags, and more.
CryptoSlam’s data shows that roughly 464,900 buyers spent over $113.5 million on NFTs in the past seven days, with NFT sales volume down 23% compared to last week. NFT transactions are down 1% overall, with roughly 2.2 million processed between July 14 and July 21. Despite a slight downturn, notable Web3 brands including Bored Ape Yacht Club and CryptoPunks attracted seven-figure deals this past week.
NFT Sales & Blockchain Volume Changes Over the Past Week, per CryptoSlam:
- The top five blockchains — Ethereum (-11.1%), Bitcoin (-70.3%), Solana (-26.2%) Polygon (-12.8%), and ImmutableX (-2.9%) — all traded in the red this past week.
- A new Ethereum-based NFT collection called Garbage Bags attracted $1.1 million in sales during its minting process this past week.
- The Ethereum blockchain attracted $72.7 million in sales while Bitcoin, the second highest by NFT sales volume, only attracted about $9 million.
- Don’t call it a comeback. Pudgy Penguins sales are up again (+81.6%), with the project seeing about $1 million in sales and ranking 18th highest overall for sales volume.
Highest-selling NFT Projects, Also via CryptoSlam:
- Gods Unchained Cards: $4.7 million (+1.3%)
- DMarket: $4.5 million (+33.9%)
- Bored Ape Yacht Club: $4.2 million (-37.8%)
- CryptoPunks: $4.1 million (-6.3%)
- Uncategorized Ordinals: $3.2 million (-51.5%)
More Recent NFT & Crypto News:
- Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong met with House Democrats in a closed meeting earlier this week to discuss digital asset legislation including setting parameters around taxes, privacy, and national security.
- NARS partnered with five women who are digital artists for a special NFT collection inspired by its iconic Orgasm shade. The collection’s auction kicked off on SuperRare on July 19.
- AI and metaverse tech company Futureverse closed a $54 million Series A funding round led by 10T Holdings with participation from Ripple.
Top NFT Sales of the Week
Bored Ape #1734 sold for $1.2 million (600 ETH) on July 13.
CryptoPunk #8531 sold for $1.06 million (550 ETH) on July 15.
Azuki #5787 sold for $213,055 (110 ETH) on July 15.
Fidenza #875 sold for $164,313 (86.69 ETH) on July 20.
Pudgy Penguin #7705 sold for $131,862 (69 ETH) on July 17.
As Kevin Durant celebrates a milestone birthday, the Boardroom family looks back at everything that he’s built off the court….
Nike didn’t quite hit its expected revenue mark, but its latest earnings report provides plenty of reasons for excitement in Beaverton. While Nike narrowly missed on its expected revenue for the first time in…