The agency dropped a 20-second Twitter video showcasing its metaverse campus, filled with allusions to its vast roster of talent.
It was a 20-second video packed with Easter eggs with a short and simple caption: See you there.
If CAA Sports didn’t make it clear enough, it followed that up with another tweet: Entering the Metaverse.
With so many premier athletes and media talent in its stable, CAA Sports has ample opportunity to showcase its talent and draw millions of fans into its new Web3 world in The Sandbox metaverse. Just in the social media photo alone previewing the CAA Sports Campus, here’s what you can see:
- Metcalf Cafe, shouting out Seattle Seahawks superstar receiver DK Metcalf
- The Watt Brothers Gym, shouting out Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals defensive stalwarts TJ and JJ
- Wade Cellars Vineyard, representing Dwyane Wade‘s wine business
- The Spidaverse apartment building paying homage to Utah Jazz All-Star Donovan Mitchell’s nickname
- CP3 Bowling Alley, representing Phoenix Suns legend Chris Paul‘s second-favorite sport
- The D Bookstore, for Paul’s Suns teammate Devin Booker
- The Stay Me7o Yoga Studio, for Los Angeles Lakers future Hall of Famer Carmelo Anthony
- Hughes Family Hockey Rink, for New Jersey Devils forward Jack Hughes, his future teammate and fourth overall draft pick Luke and Vancouver Canucks defenseman Quinn
- RIC3 Go Karts, for Formula 1 fan favorite Daniel Riccardo
The campus even celebrates media talent, with a blimp dropping Woj Bombs for ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and a sign for Mike Greenberg’s Get Up ESPN morning show.
“Our investment in Rumble Kong League and the creation of a virtual CAA Sports Campus are just two examples of Web 3.0 and NFT-related projects that we are developing on behalf of our interested clients,” Michael Levine, a CAA board member and the co-head of CAA Sports told Boardroom. “Needless to say, we’re excited about what lies ahead.”
It’s the culmination, Levine said, of a yearlong process of actively meeting, listening and learning about opportunities in the crypto landscape that could benefit CAA Sports’ vast roster of clients.
“These efforts have already yielded meaningful results for a myriad of CAA Sports rights-holders and athlete clients who look to us to innovate on their behalf and lead them into lucrative opportunities,” he said.
Now, CAA Sports is betting on its virtual campus paying major real-world dividends for its clients as it dives headlong into the Web3 ecosystem.