The superstar Mercedes F1 driver discusses his favorite athlete in a different sport, where he wants to see get a race, and more with Boardroom.
It’s pretty damn good to be George Russell.
GR: I listen to a bit of Coldplay. But it’s less about hyping up, more about chilling out and getting into a zone.
SS: What’s your favorite song of 2022?
GR: Probably Ed Sheeran, either “Shivers” or “Bad Habits.” I quite like them.
SS: What was the first car you ever had?
GR: My mum’s [Volkswagen] Polo. Stick shift.
SS: Do you have trouble staying within the speed limit when you’re driving on the streets?
GR: No. I’ve learned I need to be disciplined. Keep it to the race track.
SS: Have you learned that the hard way?
SS: How would you describe Formula One to a child?
GR: Like the car your mum has, but really, really fast.
SS: Where would you like to see a Formula 1 race happen that is not on the schedule?
GR: Probably South Africa. Then we would be on every continent in the world except Antarctica, obviously.
SS: What do you think is going to happen next year in Vegas?
GR: I think it’s going to be wild. I think it’s going to be a great event, great race, and I’m super looking forward to it. And it has to be at night so it will allow everyone to recover on Sunday.
- USC’s Caleb Williams Inks NIL Deal with Alo Yoga
- Kyrie, Luka & the Mavs: Breaking Down the High-risk, High-reward Trade
- Disney Earnings Top Expectations After Bob Iger’s Return
- Roger Goodell’s Super Bowl LVII Press Conference: Everything You Need to Know
- Everything You Need to Know About the Las Vegas Aces Salary Cap Allegations